Pages

Monday 23 December 2013

 So here at Poppykins headquaters the tree is up the Shortbread is in the oven and the work space has been cleaned and tidied ready for the new year !

Its been a great year in the life of Poppykins, now 2 years on there is a Logo and new packaging design. I have been stocked in shops in Folkestone Hythe Ashford and Canterbury and have done some successful Craft Fairs and some not so successful. The blog has materialised, all be it needing a lot of work, and I have met and made friends with some great people and I even got to do a craft fair at the ITV studios on the Southbank for Text Santa.

All in all a busy and successful year for Poppykins, but unfortunately at the end of a fab year 2 of the main shops I supply to are closing and I need to get a part time job now that Poppy is at school, so what does this mean for Poppykins..............
 ..............well it means some time off to re assess and do some sewing just for my own pleasure, which started with these 2 crochet cushions that have been waiting to be finished for 6 months now. And at last they are looking gorgeous on my sofa.
 Poppykins isn't closing just having a break, ready made stock that I still have left from this years fairs will be on sale in my Folksy shop www.folksy.com/shops/Poppykins
 There are some new possible projects in the pipe line for 2014 but are very much in there early stages, but here at home I have a number of project that have been waiting to be done around the house. One of those is too re purpose my wedding dress, a future blog me thinks.
 And so with Christmas just 2 days away and new beginnings for all of us I would like to wish all customers, watchers, followers, critics and friends a very merry ( and by merry I mean boozy) Christmas and a Happy New Year see you all on the other side xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment